Monday 30 July 2012

My Top 10 Knee High Boots

I've picked out my top 10 knee high boots for this season....

Office Biker Wellies £30 from Office

{a brief aside, I'm aware that many of you in hotter climes will barely be able to contain your disbelief at the though of wearing welly boots in summer but here, in England, they can be year round staples, trudging through muddy fields.}


Hushpuppies Marshfield £105 from Schuh

Why are these my favourites?

Where do I start, my poppetts, where do I start?
I love boots that are well-made and beautifully styled.
The evocative smell of new leather shoes....aaaah!
And I absolutely cannot resist buckle detailing!

Kurt Geiger £109 9reduced from £220) from Kurt Geiger

Those dang buckles call to me like the sirens called to Odysseus.....
Buuuuuuuy meeeeeeeee!

Pied a Terre Perssonite £225 from House of Fraser

It was Odysseus, wasn't it?...quick Pause for Google check..
Yes, Odysseus was the lucky man...phew!}

Red Or Dead Bounty £100 from Schuh

They add a visual flutter without being gaudy, and the buckles are firmly in the timeless camp when it comes to added extras. 


Doctor MArten Becca £75 reduced from £134.99) from Amazon

I'd bet my last Rolo that these knee highs
will look as good in ten years as they do now.


Clarks Licorice Candy £140 from Clarks

Fashionable, yet classic.


Clarks Majestic Style £130 from Clarks

Some of my day-in-day-out boots come from these shops,
so I can vouch for their quality. 


Clarks Mascapone £120 from Clarks

You can't go wrong with black or brown knee high boots.
Is 
there ANYTHING that doesn't look good with them?

Dune Blackjack £169 from Dune

If the boot fits, wear it!!
{Boom boom...}


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





15 comments :

Young at Heart said...

loving the Office wellies....I have the Kurt ones but from about 4 years ago without a seem then and a bit cheaper but still going strong!!

Anonymous said...

I so love this site/blog! Never an uninteresting or visually gorgeous entry. Gives me lift no matter what my day. Baby girl is beautiful as is her mum. From Roxanne in the USA

Sara said...

Pied a Terre Perssonite - AMAZING.
Now to find a spare £225 and an iron clad excuse for the husband. Another fab post Sarah . love Sara xx

loveandlilac said...

I love the biker wellies - I have some boots from Urban Outfitters just like them; I also have the tan Clarks boots as well...um, well actually I have a ridiculous amount of boots so perfect post for me!

Unknown said...

Fab selection darl! To them I would add Ilse Jacobsen lace-up wellies, Fly london kneehigh biker boots with buckles (like you do like buckle on my boot!) and a suede pair with a wedge, like the Boden ones maybe? Just feeding your boot habit! hugs, xx

Rose H (UK) said...

Love 'em all :o))

chris said...

After reading this post, I'm feeling the compulsion to purchase some boots. Oh, well, maybe this fall when things cool off a bit. :)

Unknown said...

i love all these boots especially the pied a terre boots, you've got great taste! (:

Heaven's Walk said...

I'm looking forward to pulling on my boots when fall comes, Sarah. I've worn out my flip flops this summer. lol!

xoxo laurie

Bluebells and Lavender said...

I agree, a few pairs of really boots are like good underwear (did I just say that??) and I love the buckles too, especially the last pair from Dune! Have a lovely day! Sharon :)

Cathy (aka Catherine) and Bill (aka William) said...

Thanks so much for the eye candy, Sarah :) I love my boots that look like the flat version of Hushpuppies Marshfield. Love, love, love 'em. Now I really want a pair of the Office Biker Wellies... and what a great price! I hope they ship to Canada...
As always - thanks for the great post.
Cath

Unknown said...

As you saw from my dressing room post, I have a bit of a thing for a good quality knee high boot so this post is definitely right up my alley (or muddy path)! Also have to say for those of us that find it so difficult to find high boots that fit larger calves (yes, I do suffer from big calves, thank you mom), I can HIGHLY recommend Duo Boots. Great quality, last for years and in so many classic styles. Even recommended them to my mom across the pond and she had some shipped over to the US :) Now you've just made me want some more by the way... well, it is almost Autumn, right? xxx

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Number 2, wow! But the Clarks boots were really interesting as a) I can find them in France - b) they remember that not all of us have big feet (it's really difficult to find adult shoes in France for such small feet as mine)... Not every Cinderella has a fairy God mother who makes glass sleepers to her size!

Privet and Holly said...

I love Clark's and their
new division, Indigo.
The last pair is most
definitely my style,
although I do look
forward to the changing
of seasons when wellies
are appropriate here.

Still enjoying my flip
flops and sandals, at
the moment....!

xo Suzanne

Premium WP Themes said...

I LOVE this list of boots - I'm salivating at each and everyone of them. I MUST have them!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10