Friday 16 November 2012

Getting Your Home Ready For Christmas!...The New Series!

Before I even start to think about Christmas Day itself, I love mulling over getting our home gradually ready for that top layer of super-festive scrumdiddlyumptiousness. 


And that got me thinking: we all want the same, simple things at this time of year. A warm, beautifully lit space of our own to welcome friends and family into at Christmas-time....does that sound too much? Let's break it down a bit, shall we? 


What is it exactly that makes your home warm and welcoming? How do you actually get to that point of household loveliness...and without having any kind of nervous breakdown?


Is that feeling of welcoming warmth definable, explainable, tangible? 
I think it definitely IS!


Don't you wish there was an easy, step-by-step guide that took you through the process of getting your house looking absolutely beautiful so that those Christmassy layers can fall into place as the final flourish?


Ta-daaaaaaaaaa
{you knew that was coming, right!?}


Beginning next week, I'm starting a new series called Getting Your Home Ready For Christmas. You're about to find out all my favourite projects, tips and buys on how to get your home ready for Christmas....some are easy-peasy, others take a little more thought...but I can promise that all of them will help to give YOUR home that Modern Country Christmas magic.


Images via Journal De Maison

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





26 comments :

Agata said...

Ah, what an atmosphere! Gorgeous!

I'm looking forward to the new series :-)

I love your blog :-)

Big hug from Czech Republic :-)

Agata :-)

Ariella said...

Oooh...I'm definitely looking forward to reading this series Sarah.
I love to get the decorations up and make sure the home looks and smells beautiful throughout the season.
It's such a wonderful and special time of the year! :-)
xx

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the series C:

I finally convinced the whole family to come to ours for Christmas!

Crafty Helen said...

Yay - looking forward to it already. I went to the Ideal Home Christmas Show this week and feel like bringing the fairy lights already! XX

Alyson | New England Living said...

All beautiful images! I look forward to your series!

On Crooked Creek said...

Sarah,
I love you NEW Series!!! Christmas is my favorite holiday E V E R!!! Think it is in part contributed to the fact that I have a December birthday and that I love all of the Religious ceremony leading up to Christ Birth!!! I get a tingle each time you begin a series...secretly, I call them a Sarah Series!!! Can't wait to see your tips and creative Modern Country Christmas!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Susan T said...

Dear Sarah - just what I needed I will try and follow you to the letter, there MAY even be photographs. XXX

Kathysue said...

This sounds like a great series to follow along with!! This is my favorite time of year and i love to be inspired. I planned this years Christmas decor a week before last Christmas!! I love when it just comes to you through a picture or just something you spotted along the way.
Have a great weekend,
Kathysue

Unknown said...

Yay ... can't wait X

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

After next week I won't be allowed to come here...

My determinations and decisions concerning Christmas are shallow, I think.

I don't seem to stick to any... I keep changing ideas and this time of the year is magic around the net with so many people sharing lovely inspiration.

Yesterday, I promissed (read barred) myself from entering Pinterest ahahahah and I keep saying I won't go to Christmasy blogs but can't help it.

Looking forward for your tips next week.
I might come just to see ;).

Have a Lovely Weekend!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

How 'bout that...and just in time for Christmas! Love your series and the heavy laden--delicious eye candy!

- can't wait. Pat

It's me said...

So nice !! happy weekend.....love Ria...xxx...

Blondie's Journal said...

What a lovely idea! I'm looking forward to it!

XO,
Jane

Full Circle Creations said...

Can't wait for it!

Richella Parham said...

Wonderful, Sarah! It'll be great to read this--thank you so much for putting it together! :)

Erin S. said...

I love all the lovely pics you posted with this. I can't wait until Christmas. I've had to restrain myself from playing Christmas music for the last month or so. Take care, lovely lady! xoxo

The Snowdrop Project said...

Hi Sarah,
Really looking forward to this up and coming series.
Love Christmas decorating.
Hope you are well,
Liz x

Tricia said...

This sounds like a great series. I have lots of Christmas thoughts brewing around in my head, but not much for plans yet. Hope you have a good weekend. xo

Holly Lefevre said...

I am looking forward to reading your tips! The one thing I have learned over the last few years is to know whe to say when...I spent so many holiday season running like crazy to get this perfect or that done...and in the end none of it mattered..so I try to focus on the important.

Lydia said...

Merry Christmas! We'll need some inspiration this year.

rusty duck said...

This will be our first Christmas at home for years. I need all the help I can get. Count me in.

Anonymous said...

I am feeling rather Christmassy, so looking forward to your series.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Oh bliss! What atmosphere. Yes please!!!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

What a lovely yummy series ... I look forward to each bit.

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Oh I am going with a star theme this year so that first pic is really talking to me....;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10